Calling the credit card company . . . again!

Just a quick note.  If you saw my earlier post on calling to get the interest rate reduced, you know that I did that one day with all of our cards and got reductions in the rate.  Well, since we started the business and last year had to pretty much live on savings and credit every little bit off of the rate helps.  The other day I had to call Discover Card for an old statement, and at the end of the call the customer service rep asked if there was anything else he could help me with.  I said, "well since you asked can you reduce my interest rate."  He laughed, then said he would check.  After a minute he told me that he could reduce it by 5%!  After I thanked him, he asked again if there was anything else he could help me with (that must be the mandatory closing line), but it didn't work twice!  So the moral is keep asking and asking!  Here is a link to one of my favorite blogs - 

Get Rich Slowly.org.  Great tools and motivation to really be purposeful with money and organized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you call Wells Fargo for me and see if they'll shave off a few years of my mortgage?
Love ya,
Malinda

Aimee- said...

My hubby does this too! I guess you can do it every few months.