Happy Anniversary!

Wow - it's been 8 years since our wedding day, about 10 years since we first started "dating".  Since I lived in Ohio and Damon lived here in AZ, everything was over the phone and by letters at first, so I guess that is not really dating!  What a special time it was though.  A beautiful, picture-perfect wedding - little did I know that marriage doesn't always follow a storybook plot!  I am so thankful for the husband God gave me.  I am thankful that he loves the Lord and wants to follow after Him, and that he wants to raise our boys to be Godly men.  I'm thankful for his dry sense of humor and how he can make me laugh.  I'm even thankful for the differences because they drive me to the Lord.  Even in the times that were difficult in our marriage, God proved Himself so faithful to carry us through.  I look forward to see what He does the next eight years!   It is a small picture, but can you guess who that adorable flower girl is?  Hint . . . she attends Calvary Chapel Surprise!

6 comments:

My Blessed Life said...

Happy Anniversary! You look so beautiful and Damon looks so handsome. Marriage is such an incredible gift from God.

Aimee- said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Very pretty! Hmm...that little girl? Not sure...?

Tommy and I just celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary on March 20th. We have been together for 10 years as well.

My Blessed Life said...

Is the little girl Lauren Harrel?

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm guessing its Lauren Harrell as well. :)

Lauren said...

You guys are good!!

Yup...you're right. HOw did you guess?

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated!) Anniversary, Barbara! Congratulations!