Words of value

Going along with the Women's Bible Study topic of words, I am interested in what Jesus spoke of most during his time on earth. How does this compare with what I speak most of? Politics? Local gossip? Dieting? I thought there would be a website that actually analyzed all His words as recorded in the New Testament and did the work for me, but I haven't found anything so far. With my own reading though I do see a few things. He spoke of the Father and the kingdom of Heaven, He spoke in parables with tools for daily living the Christian life, but mostly I am impacted by whom He spoke to. He spoke to the people that society cared the least for and those seeking after Him. This week I've mostly spoken of things with little eternal impact, and I haven't really spoken to anyone other than those in my comfort zone. To be honest, when I do talk to someone out of my comfort zone I am nervous and not really genuine. I love looking at Jesus' life and seeing how comfortable He was with everyone. He didn't condescend or act nervous because He had a heart of love for them. I so want to be able to see people that way even if they are different than I am. If you are reading this, as you converse, debate, etc., I challenge you to really scrutinize whether Jesus would put the time and passion into the subject at hand. That is my challenge to myself - I am opinionated on a lot of issues that I think Jesus wouldn't really bother about at all, and I am weak on some things that He was passionately strong about. Oh the trouble I have with my words!

2 comments:

Aimee- said...

Amen! Couldn't say it any better!

I can't wait to see my friendships and relationships change for the better through and after this study!

Thanks for the challenge!

Hoping you have a great week. Love to read your posts-they have been real encouraging!

Kimberly Jarman said...

Great words of advice!!! I love reading what you have to say... keeps me going:)