Oh no I have a three year old now!

Aaron turned three last week, and it is like he has read a child development book and is right on cue with all that it means to be three. Everything he does now he wants to do "by yourself". As I try to buckle him in the car seat he screams "by yourself!". I know that I should correct the grammar, but it is pretty cute that he calls himself "you" and "him". He also has started the lovely habit of screaming "give it to me" whenever I take something away - especially if we are in public. I thought I had to work on being consistent in the discipline before - this is a whole new world. There are cute things too thankfully! Lately he has been saying "Mommy, you are precious", or calling me "Precious Mommy". Does it get any better than that? Last week he said, "Mom can you do me a favor and get me some juice", and I about fell out of my chair. I think every time I ask Damon to do something I say "can you do me a favor" and he is repeating my words. This has really hit home as to how important the words that I use are, especially since I am starting in on a Bible study regarding our words and how they can hurt or heal. I have always thought to apply that to my marriage and relationships, but I think I am seeing how important my words are in raising my children. What a great responsibility! I want my words to be affirming and loving, but so often I am negative and annoyed, or just saying things that don't need to be said. The only thing I know to do is be in prayer that God will help me stop to think before I speak (this is always truly miraculous with me) and choose my words carefully.

On that note - why don't I stop "talking" now!

2 comments:

Aimee- said...

Isn't that study just great! Can't wait to read, learn, and practice more!

Ahhh---how sweet your little man is! How fun, huh?

Glad to see your posts...keep them comin'! :)

Miss Ya!

Kimberly Jarman said...

I can't believe he is 3 now!! I can't wait to see him again!