Coconut oil

You may not know that I used to work in the health food industry, first as an assistant buyer for Arizona Health Foods, then as a sales broker representing about 30 lines of products. I actually kind of hated that job because it meant helping at new store openings unloading pallets of goods and carrying 65 pound boxes around.  What I did like however was all of the product knowledge that I got and all of the freebies!  During that time there was a lot of hype about coconut oil, and I tried it for a little bit but just couldn't handle eating it.  It solidifies at room temp., and it tastes pretty gross eating chunky oil.  I just bought some though for my grandma because it is good for energy, and I discovered it is great in coffee.  I know - sounds weird - but coffee has natural oils so it somehow all works together.  So if you were ever interested in the benefits of coconut oil - for your skin, weight management, energy, whatever - try taking it in coffee.  I don't believe any hype that it will change your life, but I think it is beneficial.  I'm going to put it in my coffee for a couple of weeks and I'll tell you if I notice anything remarkable!  

3 comments:

Meli_Mama said...

Interesting...

Hey do you know anything about homeopathy? I'm interested in learning. If you know any books or sites that are good let me know!

My Blessed Life said...

Well I love coconut coffee it's my favorite so I bet it would be good. Thanks for the tip and let us know if you notice a change in your body or just a change in the flavor of your coffee.

Barbara said...

One book I would like to read is The American Institute of Homeopathy Handbook for Parents: A Guide to Healthy Treatment for Everything from Colds and Allergies to ADHD, Obesity, and Depression (Kindle Edition)
by Edward, M.D., D.Ht. Shalts.

The author is also an m.d. so that makes me more confident. My sister is going to school right now to become a naturopath and I'll ask her if she recommends any books. She goes a little further than I would, but I think somewhere there is a middle ground!