Christmas Card

I picked up a box of Christmas cards this morning (I needed one for the girl who cuts my hair ... more later) and this one spoke to me.
"Christmas is a reason
to be joyful, to believe,
A reason to be grateful
for the blessings we receive
a reason to have faith and trust
in our gracious Lord above . . .
Christmas is a reason
to be filled with hope and love."

Yes, celebrating that God sent Jesus, our redeemer, to earth is a reason to be joyful, even in the midst of a dark time. I am praying that through God's help this week I will be able to reflect with gratitude on the many blessings I have so undeservedly received, and be joyful and have faith.

The little things can make such a big difference. Annette, the girl who cuts my hair, fit me in at 6 a.m. this morning so I could get my hair cut and highlighted. For those of you who have seen me lately, you know the roots were getting out of hand! Since Aaron was diagnosed she will only charge me enough to cover her costs, and she is such an encouragement. I don't think that Annette is a believer, but God has blessed me through her. If you need a new stylist, she does a great job!

I am dreading telling Aaron we are going to the hospital this morning. Please pray that it will go as smoothly as possible for him. He is still having rectal pain and bathroom problems, which I guess are just going to be a fact of life for the few months as he can't heal right now due to the chemo. Please pray for that as well that he will get some relief and that I'll have wisdom on helping him. It is so distressing to see him in pain and not be able to help him very much.

Most of all please pray that I will seek the Lord first and foremost, and stop trying to figure this all out on my own. I can't take the burden, and He wants it.

No comments: