Delicious moist pumpkin bread recipe

Always on the prowl for good desserts, I came across this recipe for pumpkin bread that is irresistible. Basically it is a modified version of the Fannie Farmer cookbook version. This is the type of thing I could polish off by myself in one sitting, so I think next time I will try doubling (or quadrupling) the recipe. Here it is:

1 1/2 c. flour
dash of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 c sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
1/4 c olive oil mixed w/ 1/4 c vegetable oil or canola
2 eggs - beaten
1/4 c water
nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice to taste
chopped nuts to taste
Preheat overn to 350 degrees
Combine flour, salt, sugar and soda
Mix pumpkin, oils, eggs, water and spices today, then combine with the dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Add nuts.
Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Turn out of pan and let cool.

Enjoy! This is a great way to get those delicious scents in your home as we come closer to Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Kimberly Jarman said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!! My suggestion.. do it as often as possible.. once a day or at least once a week. It makes people want to come back and see more!!!! I have you in my google reader now so that I can keep up with everything!!!